3:55 – Where did the dream of the EHR go wrong?
9:55 – Bringing consumer sovereignty into the healthcare system.
13:20 – On his new company, Firefly Health, which strive to redefine high-quality healthcare.
25:35 – Bush’s thoughts on healthcare changes coming in the 2020s.
Jonathan Bush needs no introduction. He was the co-founder and CEO of athenahealth, a company he led for over 20 years. Today, Jonathan is the executive chairman of Firefly Health. Jonathan joined Niko Skievaski for a lively and wide-ranging conversation. Topics included:
- What it’s like to be a market disruptor
- Bush’s belief that current EHR systems will become “record-keeping furnaces” that few physicians use
- The ONC’s latest efforts to improve interoperability
- Firefly’s exciting mission
- Predictions for 2020 and beyond
As always, Jonathan Bush is thoughtful, opinionated and insightful. We hope you enjoy this inaugural conversation of The Redox Podcast.