Our PatientAdmin data model provides both demographic information and event updates. Centered around patient tracking within the EHR, PatientAdmin exchanges patient-level and visit-level data. Generated whenever a patient interacts with hospital administration, this data is perfect if you need to know when a patient registers for an appointment, is admitted or discharged from a hospital, or updates their registration information.
Functionality: Read and/or Write
Type: Event Based
Key Information Included
- Patient Identifiers (MRN)
- Insurance Details
- Visit-specific Diagnoses
- Arrival – when the patient shows up for an appointment, procedure, or admission to the floor or ED.
- Pre-Admission – when a pre-admission account is created for an upcoming procedure or admission.
- Discharge – when the patient checks out of an appointment or is discharged from the floor or ED.
- Transfer – when a patient is moved from one hospital unit to another.
- New Patient – occurs when a new patient is created.
- Patient Update – when patient information, such as demographics, is updated.
- Registration – when the check-in process is completed.
- Visit Update – when patient or registration information changes.
- Cancel – when an event is canceled (such as an admission or discharge)
- In the clinic or outpatient setting: the PatientAdmin data model is essential for check-in workflows and is the most efficient way of obtaining insurance information. Commonly paired with the Scheduling data model, it is often used to receive information on patients being seen in the clinic.
- In the hospital or inpatient setting: PatientAdmin is used for registration and discharge workflows for admission in the ED or to the inpatient units. This can be used to create a list of patients that have either been admitted or discharged.